Panorama not allowing QTVR export of image

MegaPixel

I've created many a Panorama QTVR's in the past using MAX's built in exporter, however it seems finicky and has hosed me this time around. If you don't save the results of the render out as a QTVR .mov file before you close out the scene it came from, you won't get the option to do it again. So now I have a a nice big image rendered out from the pano utility but it wont let me export it to QTVR, only cylindrical or spherical which also puzzles me. Any suggestions would be great.

BTW, I have the latest version of Quicktime installed (6.5.2)- Not Quicktime Pro and am using MAX 7 with SP 1

Signed, MegaPixel

Hi Mega,

the only solution i have for you is to map the render on the inside of a cylinder and export as vrml into Wirefusion with a camera centered inside the cylinder. It can not be saved as a QT mov but as Java, fully functional trials of Wirefusion can be downloaded at Demicron's place.

I'm sure there are great other solutions, otherwise you could sent me the render and I'll produce a pano for you, using the technique i've mentioned.

Good luck,

Dennis

Usually this happens because QTime did not install all it needed to export the QTVR from MAX. I'd recommend reinstalling it, choosing Custom, and installing every single component of Quicktime.

If it still fails after that, then I am at loss on what the problem could be.

What baffles me is that I just did this last week on the same machine - same install and was successful - Again, I saved out to QTVR immediatly after the render was complete. I just downloaded the latest ver. of QT and left all components on (grumble grumble) so we'll see what happens.

• 1 year later...