Challenge WIP quality

Sketchrender

This may seem like a novice question.

The WIP images seem to be all done in Max from the screen shots.

Can I ask just for reference what renderers are you all using and you all seem to have a fairly good collection of cars, trees and people, in 3d meshed as well.

I would like to know what the some of the best in the business are using as that what one should strive to achive in my opinion anyway.

Thanks in advance , and may i say the images so far are really great it's a pleasure to log on and see the progress everyday.

p.s.

Why is cgsociety charging for membership, is this a glimps of things to come in other cg websites?

Can I ask just for reference what renderers are you all using and you all seem to have a fairly good collection of cars, trees and people, in 3d meshed as well.

I would like to know what the some of the best in the business are using as that what one should strive to achive in my opinion anyway.

Thanks in advance , and may i say the images so far are really great it's a pleasure to log on and see the progress everyday.

p.s.

Why is cgsociety charging for membership, is this a glimps of things to come in other cg websites?

Hello Phillip,

I am actually using Cinema4D for all my modeling (http://www.maxon.net)- Look in the resources of CGArchitect.com for a good link list of various websites for entourage elements for your architectural scenes.

As so the charging for membership to some websites. As the scale of some sites grow, it takes a lot of resources to keep them going (large databases, forums, galleries, and other resources). At some point, it is very conceivable for some of them to mature to the point that free/paid membership becomes more viable as this now website moves to another level of professional exchange between the users. This also goes to improve the way that it can continue to offer its valuable resources to both free/paid users.

I would consider it, along with the kind of website/resources that can be learned/exchanged.

I was just about to post a thread to ask about why the quality of the finals WIP #2 was not as I expected it and why do I only like two renderings only? I won't say who so to not influence the judges. It seems 30 days wasn't enough to do high quality renderings, on top of the day job that the guys have...except for 4 really great ones as of now out of 20+. maybe better stuff will be uploaded later.

Please do not get offended by my opinion about the quality. It's mine and it's merely a simple artistic opinion.

What makes you think that? I can't tell from most of them.

I think these websites are starting to struggle. CGTalk are desperately trying to raise funds at the moment.