Closed Thread

Thread: Alex Martin Proebius - Final 2

Name
    Alex Proebius MArtin
    Forum Username
    RIP

Spain

Default Alex Martin Proebius - Final 2

Thatīs all. integral 3d scene. Post pro to adjust the contrast.
    P.
    Attached Images

Name
    Hansy Better
    Forum Username
    hbetter

United_States

Default Re: Alex Martin Proebius - Final 2

I like this rendering a lot because it demonstrates the tensions between old and new. It speaks about modernity, culture and exchange. What frustrates me is why is the image crooked and chopped off? Try to be creative with composition, not force a composition. I find it impressive that I can’t figure out what is textured map versus modeled. The soft shadow adds to the mystery.

Name
    Eric Hanson
    Forum Username
    ehanson

United_States

I find the camera rotation to be very injurous to the end image, as I don't understand the reasoning. I think a composition from the balastrade at screen right would provide plenty of strong lines of the new structure. Good sense of atmosphere.

Name
    dbox matthew bannister
    Forum Username
    matthewbannister

United_States

Good. I don't mind the camera as an abstract composition. There is something about the atmosphere that makes it feel like the scale of a physical model than that of a real building. The color of the people is too sarurated compared to the rest of the image.

Name
    Arnold Gallardo
    Forum Username
    Arnold Gallardo

United_States

At first observation once cannot help but think of Gary Winogrand (Master photographer) because of the tilting of the camera. This is an ingenious perspective to use to show the environment. I do like the contrast that I see however the whiteness and relative absence of visible texture maps on the Romanseque/Mannerist building on the right make it very 'ethereal' and detached. This could be due to the lighting or tone mapping used however sometimes one does need to show the 'weight' of the materials being used specially this is an architectural piece.

The amount of details in the modeling and combine that with the proper texturing is working in this instance. I do understand why the saturation of the people exists however the repetition of the people element detracts form the image. This is specially evident in the person with a red trouser and black top. Although the intention to add color is valid but the repetition of it did not work and acted as a pattern. Surely if that was a composite you could have changed the color or at least just subtley change the tint if not the hue? Also the too much blurred cars below make that area 'cavernous' instead of being seen as a roadway below. A few cars with varying blurryness would have sold this area better since cars do travel at different speed hence would blur non-uniformly.

I would have like to have seen more of the elevated walkway area specially on the foreground just as a counterpoint to the white building on top. This would then lead the eye from the bottom area to the top instead of scannig it right to left, you would now scan from the bottom to the upper left to the top then to the right making a circular viewing scan. This would make the image more cohesive.
    Last edited by Arnold Gallardo; May 3rd, 2005 at 09:47 PM.
    _ _ ______________ _ _
    Arnold Gallardo
    Visual Content Creator
    Technical Writer

Author:'3D Lighting: History,Concepts
    and Techniques'

Name
    Lon Grohs
    Forum Username
    Lon

United_States

The motion of the people and cars sells the camera effect, though I wish the lightpole in the foreground would disappear.

The levels of white in this image is commendable - that can be a tricky balance to find. I wish there was some lively glass or something to break down the blockiness.

Too many people are walking around your town in orange pants!
    Last edited by Lon; May 10th, 2005 at 06:01 PM.

Name
    Ernest Burden III
    Forum Username
    Ernest Burden

United States

Overall I like this piece, but there are some aspects that are confusing.

Tonally it is well-handled. There are few strong darks, but they are where they do the most good--under the floating structures providing grounding and keeping the focus on the upper levels. The top parts are low contrast, which downplays the great detail of the classical building, forcing attention to the modern ones. That's OK, I guess, but it plays favorites. Oddly, the old is clean while the new is already rusting. Clearly the people prefer the new, they are all on that side. Not a man to be seen on the opposite walkway. Where are they going? No clear answer to that, no visual destination. The same for the cars below--just zooming by en route to somewhere else. More strong color on the traffic would better link them to the people as the moving elements.

For balance it would be nice to see the coppery-green color pick up on the right side somehow, maybe awnings or banners. Obviously the tone weighs down the left, made all-the-more clear by the frame having been pulled down.

Finally, I wish the view had been taken a few feet to the left to allow us to be inside the railing, and thus with the people.
    Ernest Burden III
    AcmeDigital
    architectural rendering.

Closed Thread

Thread Information