architectural abstract

Hi,

this is the 1st time I post my work on this forum. I just finished a client work and now I wanted to do something entirely for myself. The aim of this is to do an interior design, but focusing more on the abstract shapes than on the functionality. Although the model is simple, I plan to put most of my bets on materials and lights.

I would appreciate comments.

it seem good... at this early stage of the project... those arc looks good... i image the light around the arcs... but the floor its so plain... mabe you need some unevenness (desnivel - slope) and what about the colors are you going to work in a gray scale?

keep posting... and showing us your projet... its interesting... some abstract space

Thanks everybody for the feedback, even so early in the project, but it's nice to get some opinions before getting too far into it.

I don't plan in making it black and white, but the way I work is to first block in the composition and shapes, then the lights, then finally the materials. So during most of the project I work with black and white.

Here is an update.

I think your lighting in the very first shot was much more effective than what you are using now. It had a more mysterious quality to it because the light at the very end draws you into it. If you want to keep the light how you have it now though, I would work to improve the quality of it. To me it doesn't really look like daylight at all, and the direct light is a lot more vague than it should be. At any rate, I would try to make some sort of difference in lighting between the foreground and the distance. DOF doesn't seem to be working either.

Plus if you are truly trying to do an abstract piece, I would avoid using any maps altogether. The use of these, especially the background map really spoil it for me. You can still use different materials, but I would suggest simplifiying them a lot, so you focus more on the interesting design than anything else.

I still think this has a lot of potential, but I would go back to your first image and work from there. I like it because it could have been any size, and a lot was left up to the imagination. If you still want to keep the windows, don't show a background, just work more with the light.

Thank you very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

I have to say that this project has been going in a number of

directions, lately, not even I know which by now... I think I'll

have to focus back to the idea, instead of going off tangents,

experiments, etc.

For the light, it's interesting how different people perceive the

same image! When I showed it to a friend, an architectural

designer, the 1st thing she said was that it looked like the

kind of light that you see before the rain starts falling, which

was, probably, the best compliment I ever had, since it was

exactly what I was going for!!!

On the other hand the very first idea had no windows, and

was supposed to have a more claustrophobic, darker look. I

will go back to it and try that.

Please keep the comments coming, they are very helpful.