recommended Books for learning 3D Studio Max

mac_n_ric

Help

I'm looking to purchase one or two highly recommeded books for 3D Studio.

I've got to teach myself this software in an accellerate manner.

Videos and DVD's would be considered too.

I've had two semesters which covered version 3 and enjoyed it. MAybe I have a chance.

-Mac

Hi, mac!The only book I've read about it was "Mastering 3d Studio VIZ" by George Omura for Sybex. I can't really say if it's better than others, since I didn't read them! :confused:

But what I've found is that the help system in Max is one of the best in all programs I know! The tutorials are one of the best ways to learn for yourself, and the reference is quite good indeed. Good luck!

Beyond the very good manuals and tutorials that come with 3dsmax

I suppose you could use "The 3dsmax Bible" series but that contains very general info and if you're looking for arch rendering specific stuff I don't really think that's what you want.Video tutorials ..3dquakers has an arch rendering tutorial series for sale via download called archicd for 3dsmax6 I believe ...here's a link and you can download a sample tutorial to see if it's somehting that fits your needs....http://3dquakers1.com/webroot5/index.php

The written tutorials here and on evermotion.org are a good resource IMHO not to be overlooked as well

Hope this helps

Peace

fundamentals and beyond courseware 3ds max 7, by discreet focal press.

I was looking for a long time and picked it up in a local shop.

it takes you throught the basics and beyond, and there are two prjects to do at the end of the book set for the professional in an office situation.

My choice so far and i have a few books at the moment.

phil