Plan rendering

Sawyer

I have been working on a piece that is a plan rendering. There needs to be a large brick pattern that is takes the arc of the plan. I created what I have attached by arraying boxes, this took up too much of my cpus resources so I only did it for the main room, rendered the high poly version then applied that image to a flate plane and stamped in the rest of the building in photoshop. Obviously this ruins the pattern, is there a better way that does not over-burden my system and keeps the pattern throughout?

Thanks

Could you create a pie slice-shaped portion of the brick pattern using your original high-poly method (the blue shape below), and then render it and arrange the tiles in photoshop (green) so that they repeat to cover the entire floor?

Hey !

well, you can also apply your brick texture to a simple plane with enough divisions and apply a bend modifier on top of it (180 degres on z) ... this will generate a circular mapping and boolean it to the shape of the floor.. ( maybe you can acquire the uv maps from that..don't know) .. anyway the other solution is also working !

See the problem is I cannot have anything bend. The grout joints need to be uniform throughout (just saw your update)

Anyway I an going to try to muscle through this with the high poly count. I also need to redo another are to a different arc so I need to get good at this I guess.

Could you just loft a rectangle along your curve and have it generate mapping coords? I did that once for a brick arch and it worked fine. Yours might be more complicated then that though.

Not quite sure. See how I created this was to array the planes along the paths then add the material by element mod that gave me the spacing and a really easy material creating where I wanted the tile map but it wasn't going to work because of the arc. Then I rendered out adjusted it in ps and applied it as a camera per pixel map. It gave me great controll once I was able to reduce the polys. I think I have it worked out now. But I would love to hear the easy way.

Hallo..

I use for my plan renderings this free software

http://www.floornature.com/creativity/geocolor.php?lang=en

From the site "GEOCOLOR is the new Floornature software that allows you to create your laying scheme in just a few minutes.

It is so straightforward to use that it lets you see your ideas take shape and create your projects for floors and walls."

It is very simple and easy to use... you can draw your plan (or import an existing plan) and fill with the tiles that you like, making drawings and your own tile design.

There is also a HUGE material library in collaboration with Ariostea, Iris and Graniti Fiandre, all excellent Italian floor tiles manufacturers.

Hope it helps,

Gabriella

Thanks Grace.

Gabriella that looks interesting. One thing I have noticed is that most maps work well for rectangular spaces but if you have curves everything needs to be modled. I did not register but if that program would take into account curved layouts I would really use it.

I have an update I will post later today. I was able to get most of what I wanted but I could not get the bond joints to stagger enough. The array command does not create 1/2 tiles or wedges for changes in layout. The image that I finished is for small print so I don't need all that much detail but I will.

Hi Sawyer...

I made some test to see if it is possible to use curved layouts...

But I have the previous version of that program , so I don't really know if something has been improved...

You can import your dxf plan, or some shapes (even in layer) and fill them with different tiles (choosing an angle rotation) and choose the joint color and dimension that you like

You can also draw circular floor tiles...

Finally you create a jpeg (or BMP) with the resolution that you want...

Simple example attached

You can also add other tiles in your library, create a mosaic...

This program was very useful to me when doing floor and wall mosaics, cause you can choose the colors and mix them in a very simple way...

well... that's all...

it hope to be of help...

Cheers

Gabriella