Quality of interior renderings in the competition

ihabkal

At last I see great renderings in this comptition. this is simply amazing almost all the renderings are fabulous. don't you think?

At last? There have been great renderings at all stages of this competition. Go back and look at what has been done so far. I never imagined we would see so much great work at the onset of the competition.

if only you told me this statement when I was in high school when in love with a cold hearted - who broke my heart and stepped on it, I would have told her that...oh well, I don't think it would have made a difference, seeing that she was a cold hearted -...

I agree. I'd be reluctant to make a statement like that even if my work was anywhere near the standard of that of the competitors'.

You have to remember they're not being handed dwg files and a brief.

Your thread title smacks of someone trying to demean the whole competition in one flippant statement.

Truth be told...with a few exceptions...all of the renderings in the competition, including the qualification images, are some of the best images produced in the world, so i wouldnt dare say "at last....", but everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

almost everyone in this forum is ready to shoot you if you have a simple personal opinion about a few renderings...loosen up guys... take 5, drink some coffee. go play with your kids. have a pop or a lollipop. don't step on my toes because I have different feelings about this small case. there are more important things in life to worry about. take it easy.... :D

I agree. I'd be reluctant to make a statement like that even if my work was anywhere near the standard of that of the competitors'.

You have to remember they're not being handed dwg files and a brief.

Your thread title smacks of someone trying to demean the whole competition in one flippant statement.

in this case I am free to form my own artistic opinion and you are free to form yours so loosen up. and "trying to demean the whole competition "?

don't put words in my mouth.

At last? There have been great renderings at all stages of this competition. Go back and look at what has been done so far. I never imagined we would see so much great work at the onset of the competition.

At last a constructive advice. "go back and look" is a constructive advice.

At last a constructive advice. "go back and look" is a constructive advice.

Well I've looked carefully at every single image done at every stage. So I know its a fantastic body of work by very talented people. Not only that, you have the WIPs to study and the judges' comments to agree/disagree with. This competition has been pure gold for all of us.

Well I've looked carefully at every single image done at every stage. So I know its a fantastic body of work by very talented people. Not only that, you have the WIPs to study and the judges' comments to agree/disagree with. This competition has been pure gold for all of us.

I wish they can post the wire frames or make the 3D files available publicly or publish a book...

I think the quality of work has been great so far, and that Ihabkal is perfectly entitled to his opinion. It might not be in reference to the technical compentency of the competitors, but rather a personal opinion of the aesthetic result of their efforts. I'd be lying if I said that with a layperson's eye, I liked each image presented so far. But with a professional eye, I can see the talent in each one, that is for sure. Considering that our profession is often aimed at the layperson, perhaps it's not a perspective we should dismiss. I don't think that "ecastillor: Looking forward to see some of your work soon. " is appropriate either, since a person's opinion is independant of their ability. There'd be a lot fewer movie/art/music reviewers in the world if that was the case.

I wish they can post the wire frames or make the 3D files available publicly or publish a book...

There are quite a few wireframes in the WIP section, thats where you learn about the competition anyway. I hope you visited or will re-visit all of them...the process is much more valuable than the critiques for the final images.

It's real easy to pick your favorite 3-4 images.... it's a sign of a true proffessional to find the good techniques in the ones you may personally find rather unapealing.

Everyone and that is everyone who has been part of this competition has put forth a great deal of effort adn some of your comments can be mistaken as disprectful to that effort..... of which I don't think you were a part of, but I don't know ;) They do however have an outward appearance of being rather ingnorant or arrogant, however unintended that may have been.

You'll get a hell of a lot more out this forum by choosing your words carefully than making blunt and sharp sounding statements ;)

That's my opinion and you know what....I'm sticking to it.

Cheers

WDA

in this case I am free to form my own artistic opinion and you are free to form yours so loosen up. and "trying to demean the whole competition "?

don't put words in my mouth.

How exactly am I putting words in your mouth? I didn't infer that you had 'said' anything you didn't.

All I did was comment on the words you did use. I don't think I'm alone in reacting like that. Saying "At last I see great renderings in this competition" implies that you hadn't seen any before this round which I find ridiculous, regardless of individual opinion. However, you can, of course form your own opinion-just be ready to have it challenged, especially when your opinion dismisses so much effort and talent displayed in the first two challenges.

With regard to you feeling you are getting shot for having a simple personal opinion, as has been stated already, showing respect in your comments would ensure that didn't happen.