Transfer of License

spyder2411

I went into business for myself a year and a half ago, and purchased Viz 05' from a local reseller when rendering was plentiful. Since then, the 3D work has been few and far between vs the cad work and was planning on getting rid of it and purchasing an upgrade to my version of autocad. I was wondering if it was still possible to transfer the license to someone else or a company due to the misfortune of my rendering work availability? Any information on this would be appreciated as I've searched autodesk's website and cannot locate a Transfer of License form.

Read the EULA (End User License Agreement) which accompanies your product. I think it will say: UNTRANSFERABLE. However there are exceptions to the rule, but mostly when you quit business completely. Since your not quiting, just focusing on AutoCad, you probably will NOT get permission to transfer your license. Sorry but this is the current strategy...

This is another example of the Discreet/Autodesk corporate policy of taking advantage of the large user base. You cannot transfer the license, unless the company goes bankrupt, as far as I know.

Personally, I feel this is market manipulation and abuse of customers, as most other companies allow transfers, selling of the product (if I spend $$$, why don't I have a right to sell it??), and not allowing downsaving (another pet peeve of mine for Max - every other product I use can down save, why can't Max?? To make peolpe upgrade and pay more!).

They willl lose the market, eventually, with their pricing policies and poor customer care, like this example.

Glad to see Softimage is seeing success with their new policies and pricing.

Ok, maybe I should let the coffee settle in more....

Yea I don't understand the whole situation, I paid 2k for the software and supposedly I'm stuck with it? Come on if it was a work truck and I never hauled gravel with it anymore I could sell it and wouldn't have to worry about Chevrolet hauling me off to jail!

Well for one you never bought the software. Your purchased a license to use the software, all of this is covered by the EULA. The sad fact is most people never read them and just hit the accept button while installing, by accepting the EULA you accept all terms that come along with it. If you don't like policies like this I suggest you start reading the EULA and if you don't agree with it uninstall it and get a refund. I am sorry to say that as far as I know Autodesk/Discreet has a strict non-transfer policy, however there are exceptions. The best bet would be contact Autodesk and see what they say.

-Eric