Is it possible to remove a material from object in 3ds Viz?

I've used Viz for about 6 years now and I haven't found a way to remove a material from an object once it's been applied. You can switch materials or dumb it down to just a simple color, but I'd like to know if there's a way anyone knows about to remove it altogether.

Thanks for your input.

As paradoxical as it may seem, max6 & 7 both have a "NONE" material type. It's been a few years since I used Viz, but I think Viz should have it as well.

From the Material Editor, select "NONE" as a new material.

DRAG-n-DROP the material onto your object to apply (drag-drop is the only way to apply it, since it won't create a Material Slot with "NONE").

- Tim -

• 4 weeks later...

Oddly enough TimF, Viz doesn't seem to have the "None" material type. Too bad.

Dabbler: That would only remove the mapping, not the material. The material at that point would revert back to it's default mapping coordinates.

Looks like I'm outta luck outside of exporting it as a file type that strips all materials and re-importing it. Thanks everyone for your efforts.

Oddly enough TimF, Viz doesn't seem to have the "None" material type. Too bad.

That is strange. I've used the drag none and drop to do exactly what you want before. I was almost certain that Viz did have none as one of the options for materials. Maybe it was a previous version though.