model in c4d or import

how many of u guys do all your modeeling in c4d is it much convinient than importing from other cad programs?

my reason for asking is that i realise when u import to C4D fromanother cad program u get alot more polygons and extra stuff which i thnk slows down your render times and makes the screen kinda busy. when modeling in C4d u can just model exactly what u need to set up your seen...but thats my opinion...

TELL ME WHAT U ALL THINK..

NOOXY

CG-MESSENGER....."U HAVE 5 NEW REPLYS" ....I'M UP FOR IT.."

it's up to you. i model in autocad and max and export into c4d for all my rendering. if you want to optomise the faces in c4d just select and object, then go to functions menu, then untriangulate.

at the end of the day, you still have the same amount of polys, it's just c4d will handle them more efficiently.

btw, please post all your c4d questions in the cinema 4d forum ;)

There is no doubt that I am a huge fan of ( read as "addicted to") C4D, however, until a slew of fundamental tools and efficiency are added, I have to build in CAD and import. The work flow is incredibly faster.

As far as the question of efficiency, look at Measure & Construction, why can't it work like the ruler/tape in Illustrator and CAD? In CAD, I can extrude molding profiles, cut 45° miters, assemble at the correct elevation and import in less than half the time required in C4D.

Like others using C4D, I am trying to do more modeling in C4D but, for the forseeable future, much will be done in CAD first.

well i'm becoming hooked on C4d especially knowing what it's capabilities are...i guess it's easier to model in a cad program cause it's much quicker "imo" but there;s an issue i get when i import to C4D using as a wavefront object?/

it seems that all the materials area grouped and i don't know how to ungroup them so that they are individual obects. eg,

if my walls and cieling are in the same materials and i want to move just my ceilings all my walls move with it.i think there's a simple solution to correct this...help please.

many thanks

NOOXY