radiosity

higuys hope your all well... ive done the tutorials on radiosity which are linked from this site, was wondering if anyone else had any tutorials or tips for radiosity in c4d.... it just seams a alittle hard to get it perfect getting blown out lighting etc....

cheers dan

Hi Dan,

here are two Dutch C4D scenes (original and optimized radiosity calc.) check it out and discover the little tricks involved...

Optimized:

http://www.shademaster.nl/temp/c4d/roomtestfast.c4d

Original:

http://www.shademaster.nl/temp/c4d/roomtest.c4d

Some more links from cinema4d.nl:

http://www.cinema4d.nl/site/faq.php

All in Dutch but it isn't hard to find the links...

Hope this is helpfull?

Dennis

Hey Dennis - that's a nice file.

I looked at it a little, but seems like the secrets are a little too well kept :)

I can see that the window frame is excluded from the area lights outside... why not excluded the window glass as well??... and why not turn off "seen by radiosity", like every other tutorial tells me?? these issues are a mystery to me. Could you explain in more detail?

Why use an omni w/ hard shadows, instead of a parallel for the sun? is it just easier to position?

What does the Glow (post effect) do? Are the values derived by chance, or is there a formula? As far as object glow; I can't see any material with glow enabled - what is the significance of this?

OK, alot of questions, as you can see. I hope you (or someone else) can clear these up a little for me.

BTW, I'm referring to the file roomtestfast.c4d

-Erik

Hi Erik,

what I can do for you is to post this list of questions right into the Dutch C4D forum tonight. You see, i'm not a cinema user myself but know this website for quite some time, never interacted with them but I'll give it a try. If you prefer to deal with it yourself, it's fine with me but if I do that in plain Dutch, it will speed up things a bit hopefully.

I'll post some answers i get on the forum as soon as I recieve them, if I recieve anything at all :D

Good luck,

Dennis

tips for radiosity in c4d.... it just seams a alittle hard to get it perfect getting blown out lighting etc....

cheers dan

dan,

Render settings>lower the diffuse depth, may help

Lower the specular hieght of the materials

Lower the brightness of color

Activate diffusion in the 'basics' of the material and lower the diffusion brightness, try both specular and luminance

Cheers

WDA