My deepest condolences to London People

Chunky

Very bad news indeed. Appalling news really.

And a very cruel blow after yesterdays high.

Condolences to all caught up in it.

Makes me wonder if they had something planned for whichever city won.

Ray, I'm wondering if it had more to do with the proximity of the G8 summit -- their 12,000-strong police force, taken from cities all over the UK, probably left London more vulnerable to this kind of attack. It's entirely possible that even an extra few thousand police would not have made the difference, but it seems like an opportunity Al Qaeda might have used. At the very least there were fewer first responders in the city than there would have been otherwise.

It's a sad day for every compassionate human being on the planet. My heart goes out to everyone who's been affected.

Shaun

There was a post a while ago on here about how it was amazing how no one on here cared what country your were from, your religion, etc. That we were all here for the same reason.

I am more amazed now by this post. It is incredible to see people from all over the world sharing their condolences to a country half a world away from some of us. it gives me hope in the human race after all.

To all of you in London, its obvious here the world stands behind you in your day of loss.

-Kayl

First and foremost, please accept my condolences.

I cannot imagine what everyone in Britain is feeling. I am so appauled by the actions of a few zealots. I don't understand how the world can 'turn their back' on the fact that these zealots are gaining more and more sympathy throughout the world and are stepping up their attacks to boot. Something must be done to confront this WORLD problem. It isn't just an 'American' problem, it never has been. These people show utter disregard and hate for everything that does not follow their strict interpretation of a way of life.

Something must be done.

First and foremost my deppest condolences to all in the UK and all families affected by this horrible act.

Second, once again another exemple of how violence generates violence, like John Lenon said: WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER. And please dont read anything more into this, what did the people in the twin towers or the ones in the atocha station or now in the metro have too do with any geopolitical issues, NOTHING, nothing at all, just regular folks minding their own bussines.

Lets REASON and ACT on a solution that would stop these and also the root of many of these problems.

It's very kind of the many of you sending their condolences to Londoners today, of whom 37+ innocent people died, and around were 180 seriously injured, some of them critically.

It was a murderous act committed probably by a very few. Timed possibly to co-incide with the G8 meeting this week.

But thinking about what is being discussed at the G8 also throws it into perspective somewhat. For example, around 5,500 people around the world also died today of malaria. And 5,500 did yesterday. And 5,500 will again tomorrow. And 5,500 again the day after that....

That has to be more easily preventable, and in this day and age, inexcusable. But most people don't care about that , because it's not dramatic.

There will be a lot of humbug spoken about today's tragedy here...we witnessed film of thousands of people having to spend 4 hours walking home because the authorities deemed it necessary to shut the central London transport system down entirely. But no-one seemed to mind that much. Many in the world do that every day just to fetch water.

What happened here today was quite horrific, but joins the ranks of the many horrific things that go on in the world every day. Maybe when some of the greater injustices in our world are resolved, we will all sleep easier in our beds.

Just my thoughts, trying to keep a sense of proportion, and not get too freaked out in an environment of fear.

D.

And the 5,500 that you mention is only of malaria, what about hunger, poverty, torture, aids, etc......

Absolutely - but those are much tougher issues for us to resolve quickly.

And the obstacles are huge. Some politicians in Africa will not even accept the real cause of aids, for example.

But why Western agencies have been insisting on the selling of mosquito nets to people in developing countries up to now, rather than having them given them away, I will never understand.

Cheers,

D.

My deepest condolences to anyone who was affected by yesterday's events.

I did not enjoy my journey to work on the tube this morning, if you've ever used it in the rush-hour you'll know it's terrible at the best of times, without worrying about yesterday's lunacy.

London is a fantastic place to live and Londoners all know it. There are many other places where people live in unimaginable conditions, and there have been, and will be in the future, many events that will affect people in even more terrible ways.

I'm lucky to live in London, nobody can ever take that away, no matter how hard they try.

I'm lucky to live in London, nobody can ever take that away, no matter how hard they try.

Me too and as much as I cannot stand Ken Livingstone, I must say how he has gone up in my estimations after his two speeches on this matter, one in Singapore and one here in London.