3dsmax rendering problem

jijasa

Hi

I have the problem in 3dsmax version (6 & 7). When i rendered with big size of mesh(11,00,000 vertices) with rpc its not able to render. The error shows typed below:

1. Low virtual memory

2. 3dsmax.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the programe. An error log is being created.

3. (RPC Error)Failed to allocate filter tables for this bitmap not enough memory. This bitmap may render incorrectly. Subsequent errors will not be reported.

Can you help me to solve this problem

Thanks

Jija

Jija,

I hope you're using the 3GB switch in your system. Else you'll be wasting 1G of memory.

Even using 3G of RAM, your scene specs seem to be pretty large and I think you should start thinking about it other alternatives. You may have more success if you partition your scene into smaller scenes, rendering different parts of the animation with different .MAX files representing only what's visible for that sector.

Another alternative is to composite your scene, by rendering different layers or parts and putting them together in a compositing app.

Last, you could use the Bitmap Pager - it'll store your bitmaps in disk and will pull them when needed. Needless to say, this is the slowest approach.

Honestly, the larger file I have seen was around 5M polygons, and it was already using all the resources I had available (3GB). I always partitioned my files into smaller ones to optimize rendering speed. I have little faith that you'll be able to render this file in MAX the way it is.