exterior light and animation

Can someone post me settings they used in C4d to achieve natural sunlight on the exterior of a building.....

AND..

How can i prevent other animations in a scene from moving if i want to make animate somethings else..e.g....using the clothe nurds to create a table cloth and then creating curtains after..but when i start the animation button to get the curtains to the style i want the table clothe moves also..i want to prevent anything else from moving in the scene..

please help

nooxy

if you modelled the table cloth with the 'cloth tag' then just find a point were the table cloth is as you want it and delete the tag.

If you are not using the 'cloth tag' then you have applied key frames to the object. get it in the right place and delete the key frames.

It may be nice to have the table cloth swaying a bit. affected by the wind coming through the window, just fix the cloth at the points in contact with the table and adjust the parameters of the 'cloth tag'.

hope this helps

lee

I use a rig with 6 lights in

1 sun casting shadows light yellow, 2 other lights of different colours at 120-240deg, say a cool blue set to 15 - 20 % just as fill in lights.

and sometimes I put an up-light, parallel in again 10-15 % soft blue, or to match the colour of the floor.

and I have 3 other lights distant set to 10-15 % as fills parallel to the floor.

by changing the colour and angle of these you can get a mixed bag in lighting effects.

I thing lighting is very important in an image and it is good to learn what you want.

set up a rig and have a play.

lee

exterior lighting is very individual.

i personally use a rig which involves a high gi accuracy rate (usually 95% + ), a distant spot at 75% for the sun, and a sky object with a self illumed white material at 100% or so for the IBL.

but then each scene will have heavey variations off this.