scale issue - units setup.

salf

This could be a noob question, but I really dont know how to fix it, i guess its pretty simple, but........

Well, heres the thing, my units setup on max its configured on meters, so 1 unit = 1 meter.

When I import a file from another source (i downloaded it from internet) and the file its made on another unit setup, you know that MAX tells you that you can use your current system scale, or adopts the imported file one, well, i keep my unit scale, but of course the imported file is huge, lets say its a chair, the chair will be 3 times bigger than the building, so i just scale it down to the real size, and keep on working, whenever i open again the project, the chair will be again huge, how to i fix this?

what i end up doing is just make a box with the normal size of a chair, and scale the imported file to that size....that way I dont mess up with my system units...

maybe Im wrng but that works for me....

mmmmmmm....thats what i do, but......after i save the file, and i opened it again, the chair is back to its normal size....bigger than my building.

un-fortunately, that happened to me one time. what i did was scale the object to the needed size, then apply an edit mesh to the object then collapse the mesh, save the file. i can't promise it will work for you, and i don't know if this is a solution, like i said - it only happened to me one time.

most of the time this is what happens, i merge something, scale file to system's units. i end up scaling down the merged object to the correct size, just like what u guys are doin. but sometimes it would merge ok. i think it was the way the merged object was made: like created in mm units while max system was in inches. i guess U.S. guys dont have a problem with this since max's default is in inches. not such a big prob, just wastes a bit of your time... :)