FireFox Question

bully712

I don't know if anyone can help me out with this, but it's worth a shot.

Over the past year, I've been attempting to create my website. Just rescently, I've got the urge to work on it again. Before, I could go into my site folder, click on the index.html page, select page source, eidt and save. That was before I installed Firefox. When selecting the page source for my web pages, I am unable to edit and save them. I don't know what I'm doing differently.

Can anyone help? Thanks

I don't know if anyone can help me out with this, but it's worth a shot.

Over the past year, I've been attempting to create my website. Just rescently, I've got the urge to work on it again. Before, I could go into my site folder, click on the index.html page, select page source, eidt and save. That was before I installed Firefox. When selecting the page source for my web pages, I am unable to edit and save them. I don't know what I'm doing differently.

Can anyone help? Thanks

by default Internet explorer opens the source file in notepad, which is just a general, basic text editor. it is an independent program that resides in c:\windows on your hard drive.

or, you can set another program to view the source in using the option settings from within internet explorer. so you can automatically open the source file in Dreamweaver, or some other wysiwig program.

in firefox when you view source, it is displayed in an internal text module that is contained within the .exe or dll or something of the sort that was installed with firefox. this app does not allow you to save, however it does separate the types of commands and information being used in the html code for the page.

unfortunately you can not set another app to open the source file from within firefox like you can with internet explorer. i did a quick web search, and google came back with this extension for firefox that should allow you to open the page source in whatever application you want.

i have not tested it, so i don't know how good it works. ...but, i am sure a more detailed google search will yield many more extension that are doing the same as this, or a way to edit the internal files of firefox's settings so that page source will open where you want it.

http://gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html