cheap A3 ink printer

well, I have to buy one. I work as an architect and do a lot of CG visualisations. I need A3 format for plan drawings. My budget is 500$ max, lesser=better :)

I thought about HP DeskJet 9650 or 9300 or 1220c .

I wonder If Ill see any diference between HP PhotoRet III and IV.

And what about Canon, Epson, etc.

Thank you !

fi3er

www.fi3er.com

My Canon i9100 prints very fast, and full bleed too which is nice. However, there is a HUGE learning curve to get accurate color reproduction. I don't doubt the printers capabilities for good color rendition, but sometimes I doubt my ability to find the right settings to get it there. Getting closer though.

Does go through ink fairly quickly, but you can replaced all 6 seperately and they rarely get clogged. You can also find very cheap cartridges on the internet for about 4 bucks a piece.

We are using 2 printers this time, HP with Photoret III and Epson. The HP is the real cheap one, and it is really not producing good printing quality on normal plain paper.

But once you switch to glossy paper, the Photoret III really rocks! It even outbeat the much more expensive Epson on the same paper. The printing quality is almost the same as the professional laser printing companies produces.

Never tried Photoret IV, though.