max/viz integration

ComaVestigium

Hi there.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with integrating these two.

In the office I work at, we recently switched to max and viz (previously, everything was modelled in Bentley's Microstation, exported to a *.dwg, imported into Lightscape, and rendered from there...ugh.)

So, we have two machines, one with Max 7.5, one with Viz 2006.

I created a model in Viz. Then opened it up on the machine with Max (the more powerful machine to do the actual rendering)

I added a camera.

Shortly later, I needed to edit some geometry in the model. I went back to the Viz machine only because someone else needed to use the bigger machine.

However, when I tried to open the file in Viz, it complained about a missing *.dll. Specifically proscatr.dlo

The file would still open, but I didn't have the time to explore any camera work (assuming this is what the problem was related to, as the addition of the camera in Max was the only change)

Has anyone else run into this or know if this can present a problem?

Thanks,

Michael

Unless there is something different with the free camera in Max, nothing specific was added. No geometry was added, nor textures any texures.

I can't use Network rendering right now, as it would take away resources from the other machine when someone else needs to use specific tools on that machine.

Untill we can upgrade other equipment, I need to plan time out to use that machine. If I'm rendering overnight, then yeah I can do it across the network.

We're a pretty small outfit right now and have to make do with limited resources.

Is anyone else in an environment that uses both Max and Viz?