Software for viewing/editing images online

archpartners

Hello,

I'm looking for a software that allows me to upload a render (as .JPG or .PDF) online and by going to a browser, the client could write remarks, draw or make annotation on the image. I know Adobe Acrobat Proffesional allows this type of collaboration online but I want something where the end user, the client, doesn't need to have Acrobat Proffesional installed.

There is a soft for creative firms called Robohead (http://www.robohead.net) that has this feature. I can upload a PDF online and a client visits the site and "works" on the image. Probably in this case, it may download an small app or plugin to allow this.

Thanks!.

Max.

I never heard of robohead but it must be a gimmick to Macromedia's Robohelp.

If a web-edit application like you mentioned exist, working like a CMS (Content Management System) it must be a customly developed product and therefore hard to find. In my case a client can login on my website and go to his map with content (placed by me) in there he/she can load jpg's into a small web-texteditor (same level as Word) with a brush/penciltool. Some drawing / typing can be done and put it back for me to pick up. Ask any webdesigner and he must be able to deal with it for you.

Dennis,

I did checked Breeze but it does not work. It allows you to have collaboration between team but it has no these type of features to work on the images. Breeze, as webex, are grea tools for collaboration but in my particular case, I'm looking for something more focus on the revision of work.

Yes, I'm sure there are more appls like Revisionware but I can't find them.

Max.

One of the former creators/founders of Lightscape is working on just this type of application. It's in public beta, but I'm not sure how public he wants it yet. I'm talking to him on Tuesday, so I'll ask then if I can point you to the beta site.

Jeff, any news about this. Please let us know. Thanks. Max.

Just giving the thread a bump. I've been wanting to have some kind of web based system for keeping track of revisions and comments. Revisionware looks interesting, but the website gives me the feeling that there hasn't been much activity there in a while. I'm curious to see what this new beta will be like.

Jack

Jeff,

Whenever have some time, please let me know about the soft. Thanks.

I'm already working with a team of developers on a flash based application that will allows me to show my clients images online and they will be able to make comments, suggestions and marks. I will post more info once I have a prototype.

Max.