Thread: The Owner has left the Building

Name
    Jeff Mottle
    Forum Username
    Jeff Mottle

Canada

Exclamation

Hey Everyone,

Well for the first time in over 2 years I'm actually going to take a REAL vacation. One that does not involve using my vacation time to do work. I will be gone from Feb 14 to Feb 29 to a beach in Mexico where I will be soaking up rays and sippin' Margaritas. Whoohoo! I'm leaving you all in the very capable hands of our moderators, so should anything happen while I am gone, they have the keys to the city so to speak.

During my vacation I obviously won't be doing any updates so the home page news will direct people to the forums. With luck I hope that we will get a mass of new forums members to add to the new forums I will be launching upon my return.

To help keep the news going I created a forum for news links that can be posted by forum members. http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/u...DaysPrune=1000
    If you see something cool, please post it to the forum.

See you guys in 2 weeks!

Invalid User Profile

Name
    gareth ace
    Forum Username
    garethace

sounds like a blast jeff, have a great time of it. Is the gallery going to change jeff? I kind of am used to keeping links to various gallery images at this stage, to show to people etc, etc.

Still I not so sure that CGA couldn't do certain things differently, or better potentially. But I am certain that CGA has indeed taken up the baton in providing a level of service to the professional community out their of architectural illustrators that nobody else seems to have even bothered to do ever.

Cough. Autodesk. cough. with all the money made from selling software etc, the support in this respect hasn't been up to scratch. I am talking here in particular about forums for WACOM art tablet users, sketchup user forums, etc, etc, etc. Even FORM Z's web site is okay, for an attempt.

Here at CGA we seem to be trying to cater for almost every software under the sun, maybe that is a bit too much expansionism, dunno.

http://www.cgarchitect.com/ubb/ultim...;f=35;t=000030

that thread talked about a few things.

www.cyburbia.org upgraded its message board only recently too. But they lost a feature of their front page in doing so - called a thread spotter, which basically showed most recent posts etc.

I think CGA should have at least 10 most recent posts linked directly on the front page, right up at the top, where one could see it.

[ February 13, 2004, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: garethace ]

Name
    Mariano Larregle
    Forum Username
    Mariano

Argentina

Dear Jeff:

Let me proposse a spectacular site to snorkeling in the mexico caribean.... www.sindudavillas.com
    Appears we share to passion CG and snorkeling/scuba....
    Good vacations

Mariano

Name
    davis alexander
    Forum Username
    davis

Good luck Jeff,
    but you should have gone to Trinidad & Tobago for those two weeks...
    to a beach in Mexico where I will be soaking up rays and sippin' Margaritas
    you would of have several bonuses as well carnival, carib beer, & eye candy as well as some good trinidadian Roti & Curry......well there is alway a next time.. or you can wait till i move back home....in 2007

davis

ps
    free people images tip.. any one looking for "people in costumes" with easy extraction for your 3d creation ie.. a black background ..
    people in carnival costumes have fun...

[ February 13, 2004, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: davis ]
    sweet, sweet T&T

Name
    Ernest Burden III
    Forum Username
    Ernest Burden

United States

but you should have gone to Trinidad & Tobago for those two weeks...
    Not to take anything away from the West Indies, but I have been to the same strip of the Mexican coast that Jeff and his wife are going to...three times. I would go again tomorrow, and then again next week. I went with my wife, which is all the eye candy I need (that's the official line, anyway). The area from Isla Mujeras (just north of Cancun) down to Tulum (south of Cozumel Island) is one of the Earth's treasures, as are the people that live there.

Now, I would like to try going south from the Yucatan coast into Belize and get a taste of the best coral reefs aside the Great Barrier Reef in Oz. Then there's Costa Rica...

Have a great time Jeff!
    Ernest Burden III
    AcmeDigital
    architectural rendering.

Name
    Ernesto Pacheco
    Forum Username
    CHE

United_States

Cool

Vacations?? Yeah!! Mexico?? double Yeah!!! LOL Salud! Have fun Jeff!

PS If you are in the Riviera Maya make sure you check this place:

Los Lirios

Name
    Michiel Quist
    Forum Username
    quizzy

Netherlands

We have a saying here:

When the cat leaves home, the mice dance...

Name
    Enrique Portillo
    Forum Username
    DelfoZ

Mexico

Los Cabos.
    Hotel " las ventanas al paraiso "
    http://www.lasventanas.com/

im in chihuahua,mexico, very far from the beach so u can post some pictures ..

Have a great vacation in mexico

some pictures from http://www.lumika.org/mexico.htm

[ February 13, 2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: DelfoZ ]
    DelfoZ|DS

Name
    Ernest Burden III
    Forum Username
    Ernest Burden

United States

PS If you are in the Riviera Maya make sure you check this place:Los Lirios
    That's a little too far to walk from Tulum. When my wife and I first went to the Yucatan we stayed at lovely Cabanas Don Armondo, and the place next to it was 'staying' in a stick hut in hammocks, our first night. We didn't have children yet, so it was OK. But the better Cabanas places (a real roof, even if it is just palapa) are much nicer. You don't need a resort. Unfortunately I think Tulum has gotten very built up since those days of basicly sleeping on the beach.
    Ernest Burden III
    AcmeDigital
    architectural rendering.

Name
    paulo silva
    Forum Username
    ps

hi jeff , great joyce you make , Mexico is very good for vacations , i;ve been in tulum bahia princepe last month in my honey moon , and i ve a great time their visiting the old Maya ruins it`s great [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Os meus documentos\fotosviz\2004_01_17\110_1060.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Os meus documentos\fotosviz\2004_01_17\111_1106.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Os meus documentos\fotosviz\2004_01_17\110_1058.JPG[/IMG]

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information