The Owner has left the Building

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Hey Everyone,

Well for the first time in over 2 years I'm actually going to take a REAL vacation. One that does not involve using my vacation time to do work. I will be gone from Feb 14 to Feb 29 to a beach in Mexico where I will be soaking up rays and sippin' Margaritas. Whoohoo! I'm leaving you all in the very capable hands of our moderators, so should anything happen while I am gone, they have the keys to the city so to speak.

During my vacation I obviously won't be doing any updates so the home page news will direct people to the forums. With luck I hope that we will get a mass of new forums members to add to the new forums I will be launching upon my return.

To help keep the news going I created a forum for news links that can be posted by forum members. http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=43;DaysPrune=1000

If you see something cool, please post it to the forum.

See you guys in 2 weeks!

sounds like a blast jeff, have a great time of it. Is the gallery going to change jeff? I kind of am used to keeping links to various gallery images at this stage, to show to people etc, etc.

Still I not so sure that CGA couldn't do certain things differently, or better potentially. But I am certain that CGA has indeed taken up the baton in providing a level of service to the professional community out their of architectural illustrators that nobody else seems to have even bothered to do ever.

Cough. Autodesk. cough. with all the money made from selling software etc, the support in this respect hasn't been up to scratch. I am talking here in particular about forums for WACOM art tablet users, sketchup user forums, etc, etc, etc. Even FORM Z's web site is okay, for an attempt.

Here at CGA we seem to be trying to cater for almost every software under the sun, maybe that is a bit too much expansionism, dunno.

http://www.cgarchitect.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=000030

that thread talked about a few things.

www.cyburbia.org upgraded its message board only recently too. But they lost a feature of their front page in doing so - called a thread spotter, which basically showed most recent posts etc.

I think CGA should have at least 10 most recent posts linked directly on the front page, right up at the top, where one could see it.

[ February 13, 2004, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: garethace ]

Good luck Jeff,

but you should have gone to Trinidad & Tobago for those two weeks...

to a beach in Mexico where I will be soaking up rays and sippin' Margaritas
you would of have several bonuses as well carnival, carib beer, & eye candy as well as some good trinidadian Roti & Curry......well there is alway a next time.. or you can wait till i move back home....in 2007

davis :D:D

ps

free people images tip.. any one looking for "people in costumes" with easy extraction for your 3d creation ie.. a black background :D ..

people in carnival costumes have fun...

[ February 13, 2004, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: davis ]

but you should have gone to Trinidad & Tobago for those two weeks...
Not to take anything away from the West Indies, but I have been to the same strip of the Mexican coast that Jeff and his wife are going to...three times. I would go again tomorrow, and then again next week. I went with my wife, which is all the eye candy I need (that's the official line, anyway). The area from Isla Mujeras (just north of Cancun) down to Tulum (south of Cozumel Island) is one of the Earth's treasures, as are the people that live there.

Now, I would like to try going south from the Yucatan coast into Belize and get a taste of the best coral reefs aside the Great Barrier Reef in Oz. Then there's Costa Rica...

Have a great time Jeff!

PS If you are in the Riviera Maya make sure you check this place:Los Lirios
That's a little too far to walk from Tulum. When my wife and I first went to the Yucatan we stayed at lovely Cabanas Don Armondo, and the place next to it was 'staying' in a stick hut in hammocks, our first night. We didn't have children yet, so it was OK. But the better Cabanas places (a real roof, even if it is just palapa) are much nicer. You don't need a resort. Unfortunately I think Tulum has gotten very built up since those days of basicly sleeping on the beach.

• Administrators
Originally posted by ps:

i just dont know i can i put some images to all of you can see , some body help me

You need to upload the images to a web server first. You can also use our uplaod utility. See the link to the left of the Message box when you post or edit a message.

Ernest,

You are right, we shouldn't need a resort to enjoy the beautiful Mexican beaches and archeological sites. I was there a year ago and I was shocked to see how many resorts were built near Tulum. However some of them have made the effort to stay as ecological as possible like Los Lirios ;)

Anyway, Jeff make sure you go to Tulum, Islas Mujeres, Xcaret and Chinchen-Itza eek2.gif , stay away from Cancun if possible LOL drink and eat a lot!! :D

I will post some pics of my last visit to the Riviera Maya.