Photoshop - full screen w/ menu bar

Tim Nelson

Hey all,

Been busy here at my new job!

Quick question: You know in Photoshop when you are in full screen mode with menus, how the color outside of your image is all gray....well somehow I changed that to blue, and I can't figure out how to change it back.

Anybody know how to fix that?

Thanks

Ah I didn't know you could do this - pick the colour you want (set it as your foreground colour) then, with paint bucket selected, shift and left click on the background whilst in full screen mode (the blue you want to get rid of) and Bob's your uncle.

Hey all,

Been busy here at my new job!

Quick question: You know in Photoshop when you are in full screen mode with menus, how the color outside of your image is all gray....well somehow I changed that to blue, and I can't figure out how to change it back.

Anybody know how to fix that?

Thanks

That happened to me once before, when I first installed Photoshop CS2 at the office. Unfortunately I don't know what caused it since that's the way it looked right from when I fired it up. I actually thought that that was Adobe's new colour scheme until I saw that it wasn't that way on someone else's workstation. So I eventually re-installed it and everything went back to normal with the grey background.

In your case I would suggest trying to repair it through the Control panel 'Add/Remove Programs' option, so that you don't have to reinstall it outright. It should fix up any registry errors which I suspect might be behind the problem and reset the program without losing any of your personal preferences.

Of course if all else fails, there's always good old re-install.