Vray free and Viz 2006 taking hours to render..

alfienoakes

I am fairly new to Vray, but have been using Viz for a while now.

I have been reading that vray is a fast render engine etc.. but when I set my scene up, it takes along time to render..

Now I do have allot of reflective materials in the scene, some glossy etc.. but I only have 2 light sources in there.. GI and 1 direct light as the sun.. This image took about 5 hours to render at 800x600, and thats after knocking back all the relfections.

I am sure it is something to do with the reflections, but I really need to get the render times down. We set up two machines to render two images each, with over 14 hours to spare, at 1024 x 768, and when I got in to work, all they had done was the attached..!

I had to really work in Pshop to get these to the client. I have posted them in finished work if anyone wants a look..!

Any help tips etc.. greatly received..

Andy

Thanks..

These are my Vray free settings, as the attached image.

You are right about the glossy settings, sub divisions.. all set to 50..!

I have allot of materials that are using reflections as well..

Kippu.. I don't think I can do anything with IR settings, as I noly have free..? I could be wrong..

Thanks

Andy

That does ring true.. as soon as I started adding reflections in.. glossy.. it all went pear shaped..!

I will make sure that I turn the sub-divisions down, and give that a go..

There is probably about 7 - 10 materials, all with glossy reflections in there..all at 50..!

Regards

Andy