Vray interior Lighting problem

Sketchrender

Hi

I have a problem with a ballroom interior scene.

There is a lot to contend with, as the room has mirrors, glass box shandelers and only 3 doors are the end of the room.

Natural light dosen't really lay a part in this one.

I enclose 2 jpegs.

The table in the test render were not excluded for the calcululation so the render time was 44 hours.

This is not an option for me.

I need to get the lighting right and the time way down to about 2 hours.

I have used vray lights planes shooting light up to mirrors in the coffered ceiling to get the spread of light even.

I have placed Vray light materials as the light bulbs but they don't give out any real light source.

Can anybody gove a few pointer on how to get this down in time and looking good.

Many tanks

phil

something that struck odd to me ... the lights are all facing upwards ?

oh okay you are giving it the diffuse look ... well the major time i think is for each of the light bulbs illuminating the place ... i think if u usea vray plane pointing downwards and use a simple self illuminated light for those lights ... it will get faster ...you have to fake it

Hallo Philip...

the exposure control is (probably) the max exposure control.. turn it off..(in the max enviorment)

I'll suggest to use a material override to check the render times... sometimes there is a material that has a lot of subdivision or glossy that increase a lot the render times...

Try Illuminating the scene one light at time... and test that your scene without lights is really black... perhaps there is some strange material that send GI without permission :)

I don't like the vray light material.. In my opinion they raise a lot the render time but without visible improvement.. I use a self illuminated material..

What kind of GI are you using? I usually test my interior rendering with light cache as primary and secondary bounce... (and times are veery fast)

Then I use for primary bounce Irradiance or QMC... and render times are usually reasonable...

Hope that helps...

Cheers

Gabriella

Gabriella

Thanks.... I will have to play with the setting when i do a test with the light cache as you suggested it starts to build and then takes ages.

There is something wronge the lights., the vray lights are not even illuminating at all.

I will keep at it , and let you know .

What are you doing in work today I thought it was All Saints Day in Italy today and tomorrow.

I am glad you are in though , the help is great.

talk to you soon.

phil

Hi Phil :)

Tomorrow is All Saints day, not today!

But I'm at home today... as we didn't go at work (as extended holiday...)

Obiovously I'm working too.. and my husband is building some ikea furniture... argh!!

So If you have futher problems let me know... (Pm or MSN...)

now I'm pretty unemployed :)

Cheers ,

Gabry