how to present CAD plans with Photoshop?

Hussam_CG

Hello everyone,

well, i'm studying architecture and i have a project to present next thursday, i'm working on the floor plans with AutoCAD and i'll do some shots (realisic renders) with max, anyway, my question is , how do u present your floor plans which were made with AutoCAD in a more 'interesting' way?

i mean with colors and tiles...etc, i know most of you use photoshop to do that, i'm quite good at it ,but never used it for architectural purposes,

so...

can you guide me with some tips about using photoshop to inhance the dull CAD plans,?

and if you know about some websites or some tutorials online that cares about this matter , please tell me about it...

and thank you in advance,

Hussam

Hi,

you can use Photoshop in more interesting ways than just filling an area with acolour. you can take your multilayer CAD drawing into photoshop with desired scale, and with its multilayer intact (using ImageReady), but you have to know how to setup your printer.

Any how when in photoshop you can use Pattern( for Floor and Big surfaces), Gradient (eg Metal surfaces in kitchen) etc....

And also using effects like Dropshadow and..... can give a sense of 3 dimentionality to your drawing.

Sorry I dont know of a tutorial or website, but its pretty easy....

Make renders of your furniture in "plan View" and make sure to add an alpha channel to them, and use the same textures that U use in in 3d but turnthem patterns to use in PS....the its only a matter of adding drop shadows and such....this is not the best sample ....:)

Hi Hussam

Export or plot your drawing as a Postscript file from AutoCAD. You will need to specify the resolution etc. Then import it in Photoshop and you can do an excellent rendering.

You will find elaborate tutorials in http://www.cadtutor.net. I urge you to look into this site and look for the tutorial AutoCAD to Photoshop

Hope you find this useful. Wish you good luck!

PRSS