tree packages

mskin

I have a couple of 2d tree packages. My problem with them is that the trunks aren't often centered on the image. When i create a tree with two intersecting planes, the shadows don't always line up with the the trunk. Any suggestions on either how to fix this, or good tree packages?

pain in the but. besides, i think when you buy something, it should be done right. Sure, i could go out and take photos of the trees too... clip them in photoshop, create alpha and bump images... but i decided to pay for someone else to do it.

Is it not common practice to make x-cards to generate trees?

• 2 years later...
I would stay far away from Marlin's tree and foliage CD. It's very cheaply done.

I would suggest imagecels, they have a good library.

I agree that Marlin's trees are junk. Very poor compared to Imagecels trees.

I had complained to Marlin studios about their 2d tree quality. He sent me a email saying they were professionally done and high in quality. I then proceeded to render some his trees on a sky backround showing off the poor quality of his product. I sent him the example renders as a back-up of my argument along with some trees I had done which were way higher quality than his and suprise suprise, I never heard another word from him.

I guess he ran out of arguments when he was faced with the reality of his products poor quality.

The product I purchased was " Virtual Trees & Foliage Alpha Maps 2 CD-Rom Set " The worst $239 I ever spent.

Marlins other product might be great but stay away from this one.