Photorealism!

isurunath_b

From my perspective as a hand renderer, I'd bump up the contrast - it looks like a washed out watercolour to me.

With respect to colouration, I'd put more yellow into the greenery, and deeper blues into the windows.

Try putting a deep blue/grey shadow across the road in the foreground to separate this from the middle distance.

Hope this helps, post the revised rendering - Blair

The thing that takes it away from being photorealistic are the foreground trees on the left...

1. They are lit from different angles than the rest of the scene

2. Their connection with the ground is not well done.

I'd say get rid of them...the building is so well modeled...if you do cover it up at all...it should at least be covered by something as good or better than the model behind it.

Also the bushes in the same area are a little repetitive...and could use some variation in scale, color, etc...

Other than that...it is a very well done rendering! Nice work!!

Thank you for the comments

Here's a higher res pic.

I will do the changes and post it again within the next 12 hours

i would correct 3 things:

as already pointed out, the shadows of the trees is not matching the illumination of the building. with that nice afternoon sun, the balconies facing the viewer should cast long shadows to their left.

also, i would try to get more contrast out of the picture and maybe desaturate a bit the sky and maybe overlay a gradient making the horizon less blue to add some more extra depth.

the reflections in the ground windows are not realistic. they show a horizon line which is the direct result of your model, where the building surroundings are apparently not built. try to build some environment around or put some clipmapped reflection planes to fix this.

and, ahem, last point - maybe try to use a less 'hard' compression for your jpg. you may use imageshack.us to present images with a bigger size than those allowed in the attachment managment of this forum. you can embed a direct link to them using the 'insert image' button.

for the rest, it looks like it could become a really nice picture! keep the work going on :)

markus