Salary Levels in Saudi Arabia ??

IUI Design

Hi All!

Currently I work as a Senior Architectural Technician in Manchester.

I have 2 years experience in Interior Design/Space Planning and about 5/6 years in architecture, with the occasional 3d work undertaken when required.

I see that many of the people who submit visuals to the gallery here are working in various parts of Suadi Arabia.

My question is >> That if you were offered an Architectural position in an office based in Saudi Arabia, what Salary Level & benefits would you expect ? (minimum/tax free in pounds please).

On the flipside to this, would I get more money in the UK working as an

Senior Architectural Technician or as a 3D Visualiser using AutoCAD, 3D Max & Photoshop.

Any feedback appreciated, thanks.

Ifty

you get more as a senior archi tech in the uk in a full time employment for a firm compaired to being a 3d visualiser being employed full time in a firm, but a self employed or freelance visualiser will get ALLOT more than an employed senior archi tech.

The reason for my initial post was because I got sent this:

We are currently in search of new employees in different positions for our Architectural Department. In our search we found your portfolio and we are interested to learn more about you. In this regard, we are requesting you to provide us your detailed and latest cv and more information on the different types of projects you were involved with and if possible provide us architectural sample drawings (in 3D if available) for our review. This way, we would be able to determine your suitability for the vacant positions.

We would also like to know your salary expectation. Lastly, if there is any information you would like to add which you did not include or mention in your on-line portfolio, please let us know.

Your prompt reply to this e-mail would be appreciated.

Regards,

XXXXXXX

Doha, Qatar

Dear IUI,

I'm currently working as a Senior Architect and 3D Visual Artist for an Australian Consulting Office in Doha Qatar,and i should notice u that Qatar is not Saudi Arabia....they r 2 different countries,thats first

second the rates of salary and overhead inc. (Accomadation,Transportation) is far away different in the 2 countries,SA is defintly lower in terms of Flats renting,food,medical,etc. and i can asure u that Qatar is even more expensive then Duabi itself coz of the high demend and the bomming of the real estate market here.

so.....to make it to the point u need at least around (2000$) for Housing,Transportation,Food,Electricity,...etc.

so we r talking the reliable salary will average between 4000$-5000$ and course u being british u'll get what u want here in any gulf country (unfortuantly they prefer europeans,americans,aus,and canadian....it's a matter of Racists....:( and they don't trust or i could say under estimate any other nationalties....coz here it's not a matter of expereince or skills.....it's a matter of ur nationality

anyway...thats out of our topic....hope u'll find my answer enough for u,if u have any addtional questions....just shoot

::Yasser Salah::

Architect|3D Visual Artist

http://www.visualarchforms.com

IUI,

Im not sure if this is right, but I used to receive emails like that, and always thought they were just a mass mailing based on CGArchitect database of names. (not that CGArch gives away our names, but rather the 3rd party gets our info from our gallery submissions.) I always am a little sketchy about situations like that, so I have never responded. I'm not sure what my point is, except maybe to do a little research and ask a few questions of the person who sent it, before sending them your work. (it could get pirated for others intents) let us know what you find out.

good luck,

as another resident of manchester.........................

interviews i have attended in the past for overseas work in saudi as a techie or arch assistant were paying a typical salary of half as much again to double uk salary plus free flights accomodation etc

the bubble kind of burst in '92 on rates and they are lower now (back then the figure was around £30-35k

do you want the ££ or the experience and the ££ too

but contract rates here in manchester are such that pay is better than london and has been for a couple of years

then again it's who and what you know

having had a holiday in dubai this year i'd consider working out there as long as the package was decent

"unfortuantly they prefer europeans,americans,aus,and canadian....it's a matter of Racists.... and they don't trust or i could say under estimate any other nationalties....coz here it's not a matter of expereince or skills.....it's a matter of ur nationality".....Yasser Salah

I take your point Yasser, but as you'll see with a name like Iftikhar Ismail

I may also get treated like 'dog-shit' if I went to work in Saudia Arabia, even though I'm a British National!!

And to answer the question about money & experience - I'M STRICTLY AFTER THE MONEY! I could walk into an Architectural office here in Manchester and get an annual salary of circa £30-35,000 with my experince, so It's got to be worth it If I got offered a position in Qatar or where ever.

Currently I'm happy working away in our little office in Manchester city centre. I'm only working to pay of my student loans etc. before I go back to university to do an MSc in Architectural Computing at Strathclyde University.

If anyone has personal knowledge/experience of this course then please get in touch. I'm hoping that the course will expand my knowledge of Cad/I.T./Web Design in the construction industry then I might go down to London for a couple of months to work before finally retiring back in 'sunny' Glasgow!!

Regards,

Ifty