walls..

only3d

hi evrybody

i havnt worked in arch but here i m again and i have some new things i wanna learn so..

#1- how do i create a wall w changing height?

#2- how do i create a circular wall but not of 2 halfs? (ithink its supposed 2 b possible but 4 some reason it wont let me)

#3- im trying 2 create a circular canted wall, but using the "wall ac's" what im getting is an addition 2 the wall. how can i make the wall itself tilt so that all of its openings and so forth will fit more nicely (and get rid of the streight wall that remains useless)

heres a pic 2 demonstrate what im getting

and im using V 8

as always tnx in advance, and merry XMAS!

1. You can draw a roof then use the trim to roof tool, or use solid element transformations as a boolean operation to create a sloping wall.

2. Unfortunately Archicad will create 2 halves for circular walls regardless. However, with "clean wall intersections turned on the seam should not show up.

3. Once you have drawn your circular wall select the wall element(s) go to Extras > Accessories > Wall Accessories and select the canted wall object. This should give you the effect you are looking for. The object is parametric and highly editable.

PS. I don't see the 2 pictures you mentioned in your post.

hi tom

i didnt really get what u said about the boolean op's, i mean i understand wat ur talking about but i dont think its wat i need.

wat i want is a wall that will incline outwards (as shown in the pic above)

but without the addition.

about the segments it didnt really bother me but its nice 2 know its possible

so tnxs!