scale & dimensions

Guest eddie57

Guest eddie57

I am a novice autocad user and I have a drawing that was draw in in the scale of 1/4 = 1'. I scaled it to half it's size so I could print it on a smaller size paper at a scale of 1/8"=1', but now the dimensions are half the size. for example if the room was 12' by 12' now the dimensions say 6' x 6'. How can I get the dimensions back to original while having the drawing at half the size? I know I can create a block and do it that way, but I would like to be able to have the drawing accessible to changes if need be.

Thanks

Eddie

PS: I am usings ADT Release

Eddie,

Are you using paper or model space? Scaling the drawing down in model space would be a bad idea, i would simply create a paperspace drawing layout and then change the scale in the viewport, everything stays the same, but the scale is smaller to fit onto the desired sheet size. Hope this helps.

Guest eddie57

Thanks guys, never worked with paper space. I know I should be. Will be asking questions. I try that dimension style with a different scale. Thanks again.

Eddie

I always use paper space...and I customized my dimension style, I only use one style, when I change the scale (under setup settings) my dimension size also change. In your case make it a block and scale it.

In the future I recommend you paper space...easier for you and your consultants.

good luck