Acrobat PDFWriter.pc3

danhogman

Hi, I know this is not a 3D question, but I am just trying to print to PDF from architectural desktop 2006. I need the Acrobat PDFWriter.pc3, but I am not sure where I can get the file from. Is there a way anyone can share this file, if available (I have no idea if copyright issues came with this...).

OR: is there any easy way to print to PDF?

DWF is good, but the client is not easy to convince to install the Viewer.

thanks,

Dan Hogman

2D questions are okay :)

PDFWriter is part of the Acrobat package - not sure if you need Pro or if Standard has it, but both do cost money. If you have it installed already you can use the Acrobat printer as your plotter and save your own .pc3 file.

If you want basic PDF making for free, see http://www.cutepdf.com/

You can also export from ADT to and EPS file, which can be opened in Illustrator and saved as PDF. Photoshop can make a PDF from that too but it will be a raster file. If you just want something you can email, ADT can also plot to JPG and PNG files.

Thaks, it works. I saved the PC3 file and placed it on the server, hoping that I can reuse it on the rest of the computers in the office.

Issues:

1 If moving on a different computer that does not have the Acrobat installed, the PC3 file does not work. It looks that I can only PDF from the computers that have Distiller installed. Is there a fix to this?

2 Cannot define custom paper size, I can only go up to 11x17, and I need 30x42. I can still select "scale to fit" and the drawing layout will shrink to paper size, but the line weights are all messed up.

Thanks in advance.