Solved! - Missing dll: inknpaint.dlt - Ink 'n Paint

Chris LeBlanc

Short answer 1:

File > Summary Info > Save to File.. Open file and search for "missing material"

Short answer 2:

You can also use the Command-Line Renderer with the switch "-continueOnError" This would address all misc errors, but it is a bit of a pain to use.

Everyone has had the dreaded "missing dll" issue when going to network render. This seem to be common when working with other on different version of Max, or between Max and Viz.

I couldn't find this answer... so I thought I would share my solutions to this problem.

For modifiers it appears a potential solution is to use a script such as KillMissingModifiers or possibly modifierAddAndRemove by Neil Blevins.

For materials I haven't found a successful script for Viz 2005, or 2006. In the past I had to remove objects and isolate the offend object manually. The techniques above works for Inknpaint, and it would probably work for other missing material types as well.

The comand line renderer allows for additional switches to tell it to ignore these types of errors, as well as a lot more options.

If anyone knows of a way to set this option from the UI, please let us know!

Thanks,

Chris