****REGISTRATION****

STRAT

When registering your account you MUST fill in the bold fields accurately or you will be deleted.

I daily come across new members who abuse the registration form by filling in anything in the fields other than the correct required info.

You will be deleted without warning when this happens. Hundreds of notices and instructions have been posted about it so it's not like you dont know.

• Administrators

Amen to that!

I guess the bright orange text that says this, is not bright enough. :rolleyes:

Just a refresher for those that may be contrast color blind:

"PLEASE fill in REAL NAMES and REQUIRED INFORMATION. Any profiles that are found not to contain your REAL NAME and all REQUIRED information will be DELETED!"

• Administrators

Well we had this discussion about 4 months ago but to recap, because I want to keep this fourm as professional as possible. I have no problems with aliases, but at the same time I don't want people to sign up and start posting crap and hiding behind a nickname. Also, to help curb people getting support with pirated software, havnig real names in your profiles I'd like to think deters this. We are all professionals here so I don't think using your real name is a big deal. We have not had any problems as of yet, but I like the professionalism here, so I think this will ensure that it says that way. The other info is for people, like me, who like to get a better idea of where people are from and what their interest are.

And of course I own this site, so I can do anythign I want. :)

Originally posted by kid:

Why did you delete my post. That's a little arrogant don't you think.

I genuinely want to know what the relevance of filling out the whole profile has when I doubt most users here ever look at peoples profiles.

Originally posted by kid:

I doubt most users here ever look at peoples profiles.

Mr. Alistair Dickinson, I do all of the time 045.gif934.gif

The less people tell of themselves, I find the less interested I am in helping them, or at least I find myself hesitant in respecting their opinions because of their curious need for anonymity.