Trees, bushs and hedges: Photoshop or Max?

antonio_frias

Yes Antonio i would agree too, I have even find out that placing people and trees in photoshop is better than even RCP's, only time I like to use transparent rpc.

Here is a great link to a company that specializes in 2d images, they usualy have a free demo texture of there libraries and also they have a great collection of images that one can manipulate in PS. Good luck!

www.got3d.com

Guest nazcaLine

got3d is what i was looking for, thanks for the link...i downloaded several free tree textures, and here's my question:i guess that if i buy the packages, they'll have an alpha channel, or they'll be already "cut" from their environment, right? because selecting a tree from the original photograph is a huge task...and what about their 3d people? they look great...anyone has tried them? can he/she give an opinion?

thanks...

I've been struggling with this issue a little myself. I agree with the previous posts in regards to lighting. However, if you are working on a quicker project that doesn't require such a high presentation quality, I would definitely recommend rpc's in photoshop. They work very well and can be rotated 360 degrees to get the right angle. You can find out a lot more at

http://www.archvision.com/

I have noticed that there are rpc plugins for max etc. but I haven't used them yet in this arena so I can't comment on how well they work. I have to say using rpc's in my last project probably saved me about a day of work where I would have been trying to get my 3d landscaping right.

Mike