Grass in Cinema using displacement

ZFact

G'day,

You cant use on floor....only planes and the like.

Add your grass texture to colour channel then in displacement channel add same texture. Try these settings keeping in mind that your texture sizing will effect the final outcome....may need to use cubic type with low % settings....high % means big ugly grass that looks more like something out of a freak show. I hav'nt played much with this but its not to bad I guess. Slow rendering. This took about 10mins on geometry output. On a laptop at work 1.6 GHz. I'd like to try on my monster at home.

Displacement:

Strength - 100%

Type - Intensity centered

Sub polygon displacement ticked

Level 4

Round Geo

Round Contour

Map rounded Geo

Keep original edges

good luck:cool:

the grass feature was actually on the first run of the 9.0 version of the goodies CDs. It didnt have anything to do with the new hair module or shave and a haircut. i am looking forward to what the new hair plugin is going to open up for all of us even though i wont be able to use it much living and creating in the southwest US. i did try using shave earlier on for southwest types of grass and even though they came out great the poly count crashed the system...

No hair tool in 9.5 either unless you buy it seperately. I have the 'Studio' bundle which means 'everything' but it isn't everything anymore. I haven't looked at Hair yet to see if I want to buy it.

Ernest,

I didnt know that, all I have is older version. Havnt been using much but recently downloaded latest version demo 9.5.2 I think it was. It has a really kewl tool called hair. Since I cannot save in demo, here is a screen shot to show the quality of this tool. I dont get it...if you have the latest version why you dont have this. It's a great tool and not all that hard to figure out. I even made a nice backyard grass and mowed it down using hair cut tool....looked a lot like a mower had been over it.

Maybe they just put this in the demo as an extra marketing thing....cant wait to get it someday.

cheers :cool:

demo 9.5.2 I think it was. It has a really kewl tool called hair.

I even made a nice backyard grass and mowed it down using hair cut tool....

Based on the image you posted I may get it. I think it's another US$500 It is not part of the regular 'Studio Bundle 9.5' for some reason. Maybe it will be in the next major version, but if I want it I'm going to have to buy it seperately.