Mouse for CAD

Can anybody recommend a mouse for CAD & CG work?

I'm using a standard logitech optical mouse at the minute, but with all the gaming mice around (with customizable buttons, etc.), is it worth upgrading?

Basically, is there a mouse out there that is better suited for our line or work?

Thanks in advance,

James.

I have been using a Logitech cordless trackman which was ok for a while before i developed a repetative strain injury so i now switch between that and an A5 Wacom Intuos3 tablet. Both take a bit of getting used to but are worth having a look at.

By the way this is for 3d visualisation work.

I use a super cheap Logitech MX 310 corded optical. I don't like how heavy the cordless variety is and also, IMO ~ this mouse had enough buttons on it for the way I work. Is has 2 nice grooves on the sides for my right hand thumb and ring fingers to control the mouse while my index and middle finger to the clicking.

I had the last generation MX710 and gave it away : (

I also tried the Microsoft Trackball Explorer and while it was kinda fun, it was unprecise and also hurt my wrist after and now sits unused in my hardware closet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005853Z/104-1512153-6603119?v=glance&n=172282

I have the Intellimouse Explorer 2.0, one of the older Logitech opticals with 2 sensors and a stock Dell optical scroll, and I think the Dell is the best and the Microsoft the worst. The Microsoft has a fancy side-tilting scroll wheel that's only good for making the normal scroll and click functions not work as well, though the forward and back side buttons are nice, but the Dell wins on simple-therefore-hard-to-screw-up.

For most CAD stuff I prefer mice over other mouselike devices. At my office last summer I had a huge Wacom at my desk and never used it productively (not for lack of trying).

This is a very timey thread... my IBM mouse (which I REALLY liked) crapped out on my just last week - the scroll wheel stopped working - I even opened it up and cleaned it all out, and still nothing.

Well I went to the usual electronics stores around here and I was highly disappointed in their selection of mice (basically only Microsoft, Logitec and a few Kensinton mice).

Very few of them were all that comfortable... and WAY too many of them were wireless. I have no interst at all in wireless, so why pay an extra $10-20+ for that "feature" when all it is goign to do is cost me batteries.

I admittedly found one VERY compfortable Logitec, but it cost $85! :eek:

I sure as heck am not spending that much on a mice.