help, i need some reference material

Sindala

Hi all,

i had a meeting today about an interior project for a european chain of fashion stores.

We discussed the best way to present a new concept for all the stores and the best way to visualise this is probably with a series of 4 or 5 images with the same camera viewpoint where we add all the elements.

it would be something like this:

1 emty store

2 added display tables

3 added racks

4 added register etc

5 all elements, people extra light and 'schwung'

What i'm looking for is a reference where the same thing has been done.

Does anyone know, or done, something along these lines so i can use the images as a reference to convince them this is the way to go?

I can't help you with any references, but I will play devil's advocate and ask if you're sure that's really how you want to present your scene. It sounds good on paper but when it comes to doing it.... you'll kill yourself.

Our designers in our firm love to do options for the clients. Which basically means really good organization and setup of the scenes on our part to manage the different options. (thats pretty much what you are doing is 5 options).

The worst part is if you have to do any post process on your images, you have to do it five times over. Sure you might be able to set a couple of Photoshop actions to minimize your work, but it's still a pain.

Two options might be a viable option... one of the empty shell of the building and one with all the enterouge. Set yourself up for success, unless you've done it before like you are suggesting, i would highly recommend rethinking it. You'll burn so much time doing options that you'll get sick of the project 5 times faster.

try something.

if im going to present a project ( same as yours or an office)

1. i make the whole model wih all necesary materials and finishings.

2. i put entourage ( indoors plant, equipment, decors, special lightings

and many more.

3. all of them are in layered.

4. i then render the scene with all the finishing materials while hiding the

equipment and furnitures and others.

5. then one by one i render the scene showing the materials i want to

show to my client.

6. and at final stage, i render all the scene having all the furnitures,

entourage, lightings and others. showing to them how the project

look like on ints final stage.

thanks for your replies,

I'm not really afraid of the workflow, their easy clients, only their client needs a lot of 'help'. What i'll do is make the completely finished scenes first, have the architect comment on it, change it untill they're satisfied, and then in strip it down in a 5 frame animation.

i was looking for some reference pictures, but i've got an approval now. so next week we start.

I'll post it when it's published.