v strange

notamondayfan

hey all

been working on a scene over the past months, and its done something really strange this morn.

please see attached image.

in the vray message box, it says nearly every material is overbright.

different camera angles dont mess up, and render how i would expect.

in the scene theres 1 direct and 1 omni light, and the skydome has self ilumination.

any ideas? cheers, dean

thats what i thought.

once ive hidden some object (mainly planes with people textures and alpha channels) the blothcyness disapears, but the scene is still overlit.

ive tried turning off all reflection, and altered with the lighting and GI settings.

attached is another render from the same scene, same settings, jus a different camera angle

jus spent a good hour or so checking loads of settings, and figured out that the camera correction modifier on my active camera is causing all the problems, as when i switch it off everything seems to render ok (well, appart from the fact my buildings now pointing at v strange angles)

anyway, does ne 1 know y this might b happening, and if so, how the hell do i get around it? i ideally need to use the camera correction to get the image im after, but i could photoshop it later. would b useful to know.

cheers, dean

have you accidentially toggled off Max-compatible ShadeContext in the Vray: System panel?

not 100% but was reading something recently about how this converts some aspesct of max's data (maybe including camera correction) so vray can understand it

just a thought.......toggling something on and off can occur with the manner in which you grab and scroll max panels and you'll be none the wiser until its a problem!