Vray Lighting is correct-but image Renders Dark :-(???

bripatfan

Hello- First post. New to Vray and I am coming across a major problem that hopefully someone can help me with.

I have a Vray night exterior lit how I want it to render for one static image. Accordingly I calculated a 800 x 600p irradiance map with this lighting setup. Using this irradiance map I attempted to Network Render out an image of 2x the size (1600x1200) by using the calculated IR map and increasing the Calc pass interp samples and increasing the quality of the min and max rate settings in the irradiance map parameters.

Even though when I preview out the render (region render small sections) it renders correctly it renders out WAY too dark when I render the entire image. Sounds like an irradiance map issue but are there any thoughts on this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the correct and incorrect images

Timothy, Thanks for your response...

I am using Backburner for 3ds max 7. I thought about the possiblity that the Network Rendering was causing problems but I dismissed it assuming it was a Irradiance Map issue. But you might be right because everytime I region render large sections I DO NOT network render and the images turn out correct. Only when I render out entire images do I use the network rendering and the images turn out dark.

Have you encountered problems before with Network Rendering using Irradiance Maps?

That might be right...I dont think the Irradiance map is linked through the network neighborhood but instead linked directly from a shared drive throughout the office. I will try a different render linking the IR map through the network neighborhood and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the responses...