Alpha channel problem

gpro

Sometimes you need to do a bit of Photoshop on that stuff. Ummm... does Total Textures give you separate alpha and color files? I don't have any of their stuff. If they do it may be as simple as putting some extra green around the plant in the color map, and doing a filter on the aplha...

Make sure "straight alpha" is unticked in the Render Settings>Save > dialog box.

Also make sure your Antialiasing is set to 'Best' in Render Settings.

V. rarely I get a kind of corrupted object when rendering (comes out jagged) - usually something that's been imported via dxf.

I find if I subdivide it once, sometimes twice, it smooths out. Never been sure what that was about.

Hope that helps.

D.

Looks Like the opacity of some component of the Material is showing in the rendered alpha.

Using multi-pass? or just striaght out of the save settings for the alpha?

Apologies...if I'm totally off the mark. Got a 15 count per frame multi-pass lights, alphas, ill......just for a particles-falling comp pass, just getting ready to render now. Wanted to post having just been through a MF of a set up for seperates lights..yadayada.... but the opacity, probably in the material's alpha, could be the culprit. If not sorry for rambling, a bit warn out ;)

WDA

Make sure "straight alpha" is unticked in the Render Settings>Save > dialog box.

Also make sure your Antialiasing is set to 'Best' in Render Settings.

V. rarely I get a kind of corrupted object when rendering (comes out jagged) - usually something that's been imported via dxf.

I find if I subdivide it once, sometimes twice, it smooths out. Never been sure what that was about.

Hope that helps.

D.

Straight Alpha! That was it. Thanks! I thought straight alpha was a better choice for compositing animation. Am I wrong?

Straight Alpha! That was it. Thanks! I thought straight alpha was a better choice for compositing animation. Am I wrong?

-You're welcome.

-Can't remember exactly...probably a case of reading it up in the manual.

There was something about that in there, I think...

D.