Viz 2006 on Windows XP home

I have just received my upgrade copy of Viz 2006 and was wondering if anybody had any succes in runing it on Windows XP Home, in my office I have

Windows XP Professional, but at home I'm on XP Home, and would hate to spend money in a upgrade if not necessary, according to my dealer, Viz 2006

would not load in XP Home.

Octavio

Never tried it with 2006. Tried it with older versions (up to 2005, then I stopped using Viz) and honestly couldn't tell the difference between running it on XP home and pro. AFAIK the biggest issues are a bit more efficient thread and memory handling, and pro being much better with multiple CPUs/cores. It's not "certified" but it works (same as the gamer vs pro video card issue).

But it's worked out that my recent computers have come with XP pro, and the office and school computers I've used ran pro, so the most "modern" equipment I've run Viz 2005 w/ XP home on was a Dell laptop P4/2.2, 1 gig with Geforce mobile 440 32mb in OpenGL mode.

Hope that helps.

Never tried it with 2006. Tried it with older versions (up to 2005, then I stopped using Viz) and honestly couldn't tell the difference between running it on XP home and pro. AFAIK the biggest issues are a bit more efficient thread and memory handling, and pro being much better with multiple CPUs/cores. It's not "certified" but it works (same as the gamer vs pro video card issue).

But it's worked out that my recent computers have come with XP pro, and the office and school computers I've used ran pro, so the most "modern" equipment I've run Viz 2005 w/ XP home on was a Dell laptop P4/2.2, 1 gig with Geforce mobile 440 32mb in OpenGL mode.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Andrew, I'l give a try with XP Home!.

Octavio