Vray Materials to Standard max mat

Sketchrender

Hi

Can somebody please tell me, is there a quick way of changing vray materials to standard max materials.

I have to send out a model and they don't have vray, and want all the vray materials changed to standard.

Do I have to start al over again.

Any help would be great.

thank you

phil

Unless there is some sort of max script or something, you have to make new materials one at a time as far as I know. One thing that may help is to click and drag mix mats straight into one of the material spaces. This makes it so you don't have to locate the bitmap paths and input the mix amounts etc. Then you can drag that block you just copied into straight into the desired slot on your new material. I usually keep one material block open just for that purpose. While it is not a complete conversion like you're hoping, it does save some time.

Hey this should work...

After you convert them, all the materials in the editor will not be the materials in the scene anymore, you'll notice all the white corners are gone, so you'll have to use the eyedropper or some other method to get the scene materials back into the editor...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can anyone please help me overcome the problem I have with the following Maxscript error please.

Thank you,

Cjj

-- Error occurred in GetRenderers(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\VRayMtlConverter\VRayMtlConverter2.mse; position: 1646

-- Defined in encrypted script

-- called in anonymous codeblock

-- Defined in encrypted script

-- Error occurred during fileIn in

>> MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\VRayMtlConverter\VRayMtlConverter2.mse Exception: -- No "">"" function for undefined

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think one of us has got the wrong end of the stick here Pranvera.

I'm seeing this thread (and the script) as converting from VRAY mat's to MAX mat's; you're saying you want to convert MAX mat's to VRAY. Which I believe can be done relatively simply with the Vray Scene Converter selected from the quad menu's.

I haven't tried the script so could be wrong, I'm just going by reading the thread.

Hope this what you were after.... Or have I missed something?

• 1 year later...