Do this when you lose HDRI in vray

aligrafix

I was working on my file in max. using HDRI in viewport background and handle the car. *using 3D model in 2D scene*

I rendered the scene but it want quiet good enough, i reopened the file next day, something bad happened that vray had gone from my viewport and as well as in rendering. i checked everything like path of hdri, hdri file name, misplacement etc etc but nothing worked.

I was worried about that. actually.

How did i solved this problem? *interesting*

----------------------------

hdri was at proper location. problem has been solved but with some other way isnt it? ok i tel how and may be some of people dont know about solution to this problem which i had like this.

i was testing a game and usually games adjust the monitor resolution. yesterday i installed and played the game. my monitor just gave me 1 flicker when game started. game was running good but when i exit the game, it was quiet strange after that but i didnt take care of it bcoz at that time it was neglectable, i didnt notice that before wandering with hdri. i thought about one reason that HDRI display in viewport is responsibility of VGA card (true?) actually i was using Intel 915 GAV motherbaord (built-in) VGA and it runs good with opengl. When i gave command "dxdiag" in windows , start-> run. it gives the system specs and tech details. In video tab, texture and other open GL facilities were disabled while they were enabled before playing the game. Due to open GL disability, my textures gone incorrect in viewport and also it affected my video movies playback quality.

I had ordered for my new video card Now i have installed my new pci-e video card and hdri came back when i opened the file.

so, sometimes it happens due to this thing like games and sometimes it happens due to viruses. so its not the problem of vray, its actually the problem of system.

i wanted this knowledge with you guys coz i found much help from here. now it was my chance ;)