Is Saving Irradiance Map Helps Lower Rendering Time?

odi120522

Hi...is Saving The Irradiance Map Can Improved Rendering Time? Bec. I Did A Test Render With Output Size Of 2048 X 1536 With Lots Of reflective Objects Like Glass And Alluminum Metals..it Took The Final Rendering More Than 10 Hrs To Render...i Dont Know If Thats Normal But I Think Its Not...hope You Can Help Me On This....tnx...if You Can Give Me Some Tips On How To Make The Rendering Time More Faster I Would Greatly Appreciate It....tnx In Advance...:)

If you are using Vray then yes! The irradiance map is essential to save. If you ever need to re-render at a different resolution, or if you need to fis/replace something in the image, then saving the irradiance map can save so much time.

Depending on the complexity of the scene, the lighting calculation can take a significant amount of time, also depending on the quality of the lighting calculation ie, very low, low, medium, etc.

Having to re render and then do a light calc again is time wasted.

You can either save the Irradiance Map automatically or manually. If I do it manually, I have to save it right away. If I start doing some other things after it's calculated I lose the lighting information for some reason....

Hope this helps!

Adam