Bugs found in Maxwell 1.0

buffos

Well tried it for about 10 minutes.

Found already 2 bugs

Bug1. Press render. Then try to add a glare map, then just press cancel (you decide not to load a map)...Ooops Crash!!!!

Bug2. I tried 3 .3ds files that were loaded SUCCESSFULLY using RC5. I simply wait.. wait...wait...wait... nothing happens. (obj import now seems to work but i have to try it more)

By the way , is there a possibility to render using orthographic projection? I thought they did add that....

bug one: when opening the studio i get a cant open material preset blahblah so i say ok. then the studio window just flashes on the screen and i have to force quit it. so i just cant use it full stop. maybe its soemthing to do with dual screen or nvidia cards?

bug two: using the plugin in c4d on an old scene only some of the jpgs are showing up in the rendering. so im guessing i have to rework all the materials on all the old scenes.

including the lights/emitters

so far im not overly impressed but i shall give it time and do some more tests

"soon"....

Buy the way. There are many bugs in that program they call v1.

It is very easy to find them. Every 10 minutes i fall into one.

This is not because the what they call A-team (a stands for a**-li**ing) are stupid, but because you just cannot replace a real widebase beta testing with a small base of users.

"soon"....

Buy the way. There are many bugs in that program they call v1.

It is very easy to find them. Every 10 minutes i fall into one.

This is not because the what they call A-team (a stands for a**-li**ing) are stupid, but because you just cannot replace a real widebase beta testing with a small base of users.

buffos, with all respect to your opinions, but try to lower your adrenaline level next time before posting - ok?

if you find so many bugs, hurry up to report them to NL! it makes no sense to complain only. as you might know, X.0 software always has more bugs than later releases because even with a large test team not all features can be tested under all conditions, but basically most of these can be fixed soon with patches if users report them.

markus

Do you mean post to NL which has more than a dozen of unanswered emails of mine? The company the has banned me from their forum for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON at all (and later mverta falsly said that they have unbanned me again after his negotiations....)

There are bugs.. and BUGS. Sorry but if you can spot a bug in under 10 minutes of work with the program, then its is unacceptable to be there in a final release.

I mean. Please. The first think i checked was 3ds import and it does not work.

Does that seem logical. Obj import misses faces (i have to check that again)

Do you think that these are small details or MAJOR BUGS that should have been checked?

So please dont patronize me. I know very well why i post here bugs.

To share with other banned members of maxwell community, and find workarounds. I think its very simple

Is that clear? I hope yes..;)

buffos, with all respect to your opinions, but try to lower your adrenaline level next time before posting - ok?

if you find so many bugs, hurry up to report them to NL! it makes no sense to complain only. as you might know, X.0 software always has more bugs than later releases because even with a large test team not all features can be tested under all conditions, but basically most of these can be fixed soon with patches if users report them.

markus

I think you'd be wise not to be so cavalier... after waiting so long, it is inarguably reasonable that we should see a largely bug-free 1.0. Not to mention seeing a Mac release (mark my words- it'll be at least next week before we see it, and it'll be garbage.)

A little free advice from me to all of NL's A-team: feel free to work with NL all you want, but do not make excuses for their unbelievable incompetence. The more closely you associate yourselves with them and their mistakes, the worse you look.

I think you'd be wise not to be so cavalier... after waiting so long, it is inarguably reasonable that we should see a largely bug-free 1.0. Not to mention seeing a Mac release (mark my words- it'll be at least next week before we see it, and it'll be garbage.)

A little free advice from me to all of NL's A-team: feel free to work with NL all you want, but do not make excuses for their unbelievable incompetence. The more closely you associate yourselves with them and their mistakes, the worse you look.

adehus, definitely, the mac version will be no garbage at all! apparently, some very last minute problems need to be resolved. all mac components have been tested as much as we could, investing a lot of time, patience and hard work, and as far as i can tell, NL did it's job very seriously to make it stable and efficient. without any doubt you still will find bugs and issues, but that's no wonder with a 1.0 release with so many new features. i'm beta-testing other 3d apps, too - this was one of the most stable ones - in terms of not crashing!

i also hope that the wait is over soon, and if it's of comfort for you to know, i'm waiting for the final build, too... :rolleyes:

cheers

markus

I still wait for your opinion..

Is it logical tha basic import functions to have bugs?

What is the first think to do in the app. Load a scene...

Import obj and 3ds...

And these dont work!!!

Sorrry no excuses for that....

These are not minor glitches

buffos, aren't you using ArchiCAD, why not use the plugin?

........maybe because the ArchiCAD plugin is scheduled to be released as a 1.x add-in....i.e. there's currently no archicad plugin, or at least a working one for version 1.0. Think of us ( ArchiCAD users) as the red-headed child in the NextLimit family.

There's the possibility that they were informed by Graphisoft ( ArchiCAD developers) that ArchiCAD 10 was just around the corner ( it was released last week, around the exact same day as Maxwell), and hence it might be worthwhile holding off for a little while to release a plugin that accomodates that version as well. But that kind of logical and cooperative reasoning between software developers of different programs, is not exactly the type of thing one should ever come to expect in the real world; especially when one of the parties is NextLimit.

No, chances are that they just pushed ArchiCAD to the bottom of the list, and will release a plugin that only works (loosely applying the term "works" here, obviously) for ArchiCAD 9.0 and below and force AC10 buyers to have to wait another 6-8 months for an update. Yes, that's more consistent with NextLimit M.O. so far.

In any case, ArchiCAD exports very effecient and neat .3ds and .obj versions of it's models so if one is willing or capable to bridge through MAX, or perhaps C4D ( which would actually be a better option becase the ArchiCAD=>C4D plugin/bridge is very effecient : assuming the Cinamaxell plugin is working well that is). But the again, considering the fact that there seems to be problems with Maxwell Studio's .3ds format file importer...........:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

MW is a great photorealistic renderer indeed however MW1.0 could crash anytime, it couldn't save a rendered image, and some raytrace, or reflect/refract applied in 3ds max could not be rendered properly with MW. NL should do better with the next version hopefully.