exterior-some suggestions

anindia

dear friends,

i am posting my new project. i ve used max, vray and photoshop. i am thankful to the cg book for developing my library. any way, pls. see the 1st image where i ve posted only the rendered model. while rendering with vray i ve faced some problems. in the max scene i ve used a spot light with vray shadows. transperant shadows and area shadows on. type box, u,v,w size by default(10).my shadow parameter is 3(in max) and in vray subdivision was 12.

in vray renderer i ve used irradiance map as primary and light cache as secondary bounces.

after the rendering i ve found some very illuminated zones (marked in the scene with red border)are coming-which is not looking very well and there is no shadow in the scene. i ve tried many times but i couldn't make it. can anybody suggest me what to do. anyway i ve put themodel finally to submission-taking the help from my library.

i ve no other ways but to use the same model.

pls. suggest me how can i solve my problem.

-thanks

well, I don't really know what to say about this image, except that it has a very odd surreal look to it. Overall it is pleasant to look at, but a few things just don't look right to me.

First of all there are no reflections in the window of the building in the foreground, although the building behind it has them.

Second, your trees have a strange artifact "halo" aroung them, as if the alpha channel is not matching up quite right. Some of the trees are also quite washed out.

The sky, with it's deep, de-saturated blue color, seems unrealistic for the overall light intensity in the rest of the scene. There are also 3 different kinds of clouds visible, which gives a very non-uniform reading of the sky.

The blue reflection in the water is also way too bright, compared with the sky. The rocks by the water are too obvious in their repetition.

The lighting, in general, is very nice - especially in the foreground by the lake, but the rest of your elements don't quite fit with this. It has kind of a dream like quality to it, and I thought for a second that it was a Centaur standing on the other side of the lake!... perhaps not what you were going for.