Help Vray Animation

gods418

:( im doing a vray animation and when i play it flickers, i got no time to change all my materials to scanline how can i remove flickering in vray animation!!!!!:( :( :( also i remove the GI so im using vray raytracing only to save more time.....

can you post what settings you used.

Do you have moving objects in the scene?

you cant have moving objects in an animation using IR MAP's only the camera can move if you made the animation using Ir map then any moving object will flicker.

If your output is for tv you may need to use render to fields.

If you recently installed or upgraded max its default is for NTSC fields which are odd you would then need to go to customise preference and then rendering and change from odd to even

Coincidal (no idea how to spell that) face i.e. when 2 faces in your geometry occupy the exact same space (this can also be caused by double faces in your geometry from bad autocad modelling) also causes a flicker

how high do i have to set and which one i have to set high... thanks

In the Irradiance map presets, set it to high animation, then only render every 10 frames, saving the Irr. map, check "don't render final image" then when you go to render the animation, use the saved map, don't forget to set the frames back to 1, or you'll only be rendering out every tenth frame...

hmm.. probably a stupid question, but when I do what you said, and render every tenth frame (to save it to a *.vrmap). I get the idea that it stores only the first, because when i render the animation it only shows the first frame correct, the rest of the frames have everything black (except for the area from the first image).

I dont get it?!

if you are rendering using a number of machines make sure they can all see the saved irr map and if its going across mapped drives make sure you are using a unc path.

its just my PC (would like to do number of machines render:D )

but this is a simple example of what happens.. seems to me that it doesnt save multiple irrmaps?

http://www.student.tue.nl/m/p.bos/test2.mov

Ah , thanks Pa ga, my mistake. It had to be multiframe incremental indeed. Thought i was trying that:rolleyes:

The Tutorial is very good to! But I think i'm not to good a modellor for animations yet. The estimated total time for my 800 frames scene was 300 hours!! (and that is with the optimal method described in the tutorial). Thats not funny anymore:p So I will go back a few steps with proper lighting/modelling first I think.

Thanks all!

try going through you scene and hiding all the large objects.

with only the small object visible select all right click and go to vray properties and turn off generate gi

go through your materials and in the options drop down on the material turn off trace reflection and refractions on whatever materials you think won't affect the scene that much.

select all your glass and turn off visible to gi