Please C&C my WIP and offer vray tweaks to better it....

bover

Hi ppl,

I've just completed another render (WIP) of the interior. Ive gone away with the colours for now aqnd just concentrated on lighting and render quality.

As you can see I have a little ways to go to make the scene realisitc. :confused:

I am fairly new to this and I really would like to sit with a vray mentor and discuss my issues. I've attached my render and v-ray setup parameters. The grey I used as the material is just a plain vray light grey material no special additives

Can you adivse me on adjusting some parameters to reduce the noise in the scene? I'm OK with the natural lighting end but would like some Const. Critisism on this WIP.

Any CC is a huge help ....so come and send along your recommendations.

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry,

Soemthing went wrong in the render when I saved it. Gamma went back to 1.0. I had to adjust gamma correction on the JPEG to 2.20.

So in actual fact the lighting; I'm not happy with right now. Any help here would be great as well. The only lighting is coming from a skylight and a "sun" system.

Here's the render with gamma correction.

:p

ok some setting to get you started

lighting-I'm not a fan of using skylights and sunlight systems with vray, I try only to use vray lights and if I need sharp shadows I use target spotlights with inverse square or inverse decay (make sure to adjust the decay start though). A lot of people use vray planes in windows and I think this is probably the best place for you to start interior lighting. You don't need to add skylights, vray has a skylight system (max environment override) whereby you can use a diffuse colour or a HDRI image as your skylight.

render settings-some recommendations

1.turn off default lights

2.use adaptive undersampling (1 and 3 is fine for now) and I personally like the catmull rom filter

3.turn on GI and use irradiance as primary and light cache as secondary

4.turn irradiance map preset to low (for previewing)

5.turn light cache down from 1000 to 200 (previewing)

6.make sure that in the environment menu you are overriding the max environment.

7.change the colour mapping to exponential

8.make sure you are not using any exposure control in the advanced lighting settings

this is the tutorial I started with, the one by serge vasilew (interiors)

http://commerce.vismasters.com/catalog/viewproduct.aspx?product=3253&view_selection=Tutorials

hope this helps;)