laptop for rendering AND gaming

Im looking for a laptop with a maximum price of about 1500, and that can handle some 3d viz rendering (it doesnt have to be the best- just adequate) and that can i can adequately (again, just adequately) play games on. I have heard that gaming graphics cards and and rendering graphics cards are different in there thier architecture. Are there some graphics cards that can pull both of these applications off well? Also what processor should i be after? 64-bit or dual core? AMD or Intel? I need some advice! If a brand and model cant be named, just some ideas about specs would be a good starting place.

My Gateway costed me $1250, amd athlon 64, 3700+ cpu, 1 GB ram, Radeon x600 card, works for me. I had $3000 ABS Mayhem notebook with 2GB Ram and 3.4 GHZ Intel cpu which wasn't good for me, it overheated and wasn't comfortable to put your hands on it while working.

One thing if you can wait 5 -6 weeks till Intel releases their Core 2 Duo, it is a very promising new technology, I would wait and get a notebook with that.

Yeah, you should be able to do this with a Core Duo. Your priorities should be a good screen, a video card from the Geforce or Radeon series with dedicated (not shared, "Hypermemory" or "Turbocache") memory, and 1 gig of RAM (preferably more). Shop around a bit, there are several companies that make reasonable configurations.

I would go w/ a duo core. The 64 bit are a waste of money becaues laptops don't even support enough ram to take full advantage of the 64 bit. Toshibas are nice from what I've seen. Most of the people I work w/ have one and love them. You can also buy parts for them offline and upgrade your graphics card even procesor if you have a little knowledge on how to do so.