Buying C4d...

hi guys... im looking to buy c4d,

i was thinking of going the whole hog, and buying the full bundle pack... with all the modules. but are they really necessary? or would i be better buying the core package and buying the advanced render module?

theres also a guy selling a package on ebay... for 500 quid...too good to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150006600506

I can't say for sure but it has the characteristic look and feel of a legit auction. I get too-good-to-be-true deals on Ebay all the time. Like my studio PC that ended up costing me $150 including shipping.

The XL bundle should be fine for most purposes, only thing you might want to add on later is Sketch&Toon, but that's why it's nicde that it's modular. If by "full bundle" you mean the production bundle... I think that costs a lot more.

At My place of work we got the studio bundle. and in hindsite Id not miss pyroccluters or mocca or thinking particals. And considering the format of our office network, Net work render is of no use either.

advance render and sketch & toon are defiantly worth having.

Having said that im curnalty up to me neck in learning 3d max . Having looked around for more work , Max is defiantly the preferred application. I wish id not spent four years learning cinema .

Max is however a hole lot more expencive and a hole lot more complicated. Its doing me nut in.

Dan212222,

Check out the feedback before buying, I had a quick look and personally wouldn't touch it. The second neutral feedback looks worrying, click on the item it's Adobe CS2 for buy it now £10.00 and described as an order error from Adobe, call me old fashioned but this screams buyer beware to me!

He has also just reregistered with ebay(check id history) I've been burnt twice on ebay and have lost confidence in it.

With regards the various modules it really depends on what type of work you want to do. I'd say AR is a must though.

Good luck

Lsphotog